- Max 5kW of heat to the room
- 81.1% efficiency - three times more efficient than an open fire
- Wood burning stove
- Graphite steel frame with cast iron door
- Removable ash-pan
- Primary, secondary & tertiary air management
- Top and rear flue exit
- Flue size 125mm
- Tested & approved to European standard - EN 13240
- Ecodesign 2022 approved
- A+ Energy Rating
- SOLIS WB500 Edge Declaration of Performance
- Up to 5 years warranty on Stanley SOLIS wood burning and solid fuel stoves
- To view the manual for the SOLIS WB500 Edge stove
- External air supply kit - directs air from the outside into the stove to aid efficient combustion
- See Waterford Stanleys list of authorised installers for gas, solid fuel, wood, pellet and oil stoves and cookers across the Island of Ireland.
- Check out our video on WB500 Edge stove to see how it looks when lighting
Wood burning Stove
- Unlike fossil fuels, such as coal, gas or oil, wood is carbon neutral. This means that burning a log of wood only produces as much carbon dioxide as a log decomposing on the forest floor. Do not use high moisture content fuels as they will affect performance & damage the unit.
- From the 1st January 2018 all solid fuel and wood burning room only and room and central heating freestanding and insert stoves must be sold with a printed label which shows their heat output and energy efficiency index. Note outputs listed on energy labels for our Stanley stoves are nominal values whereas as Stanley stoves outputs shown on our website, brochures and point of sale are max outputs.
Information on wood fuels
Unlike fossil fuels, such as coal, gas or oil, wood is carbon neutral. This means that burning a log of wood only produces as much carbon dioxide as a log decomposing on the forest floor. If used in the right circumstances wood can be a highly economical choice, too.
Dry seasoned wood contains up to 90% less moisture than fresh cut wood, which means it produces less steam and saves up to 50% of potential heat.
Also keep in mind that hard wood is a better option than soft wood as it is slower to burn, meaning you will use less.
Wood is a renewable fuel source that is gentler on the environment. It also helps the preservation of fossil fuels such as coal and oil.
Hints and tips
- For the best drying conditions, store your logs in a dry store allowing plenty of air to flow around them
- Wood burns best on a bed of ash so make sure your firebox always has some ash in it
- Pick out the driest logs; they're easy to spot as the bark comes away easily
At Waterford Stanley we stock spare parts on all our stoves and cookers we sell today and hold spares parts on stoves and cookers discontinued up to 10 years.
Your local Stanley Centre or Stanley stockist will be pleased to supply spare parts and to provide any other information your require. For further information on your stove or cooker and exploded views, go to the Technical Manuals section or to find your nearest Stockist.
- Height 525mm
- Width 380mm
- Depth 300mm
- Flue Requirement Top and Rear
- Wood 81.1%
- Smoke exempt Yes
- Airwash Yes
- Wood Yes
- Rear Yes
- Top Yes
- Free Standing Yes
- Matt Yes
- Room Heater Yes
Use our nifty stove chooser to identify the stove you need to heat your room or your home.Stove Chooser
For information on how to clean or light your stove or see our factory here in Waterford.STANLEY VIDEOS