Cook with Stanley - Strawberry Meringues
For healthy, delicious food, Stanley recommends that you source the best quality ingredients, preferably locally grown, better still organic and additive free.
- 4 large free-range egg whites
- 250g/8½oz caster sugar or icing sugar
- pinch of salt
- 284ml/½ pint double cream
- large punnet of strawberries
- Line a baking tray with non-stick greaseproof paper.
- Place the egg whites in a mixing bowl and whisk until they form soft peaks when the whisk is removed. Add the sugar, a spoonful at a time, constantly whisking. When the sugar is absorbed, the meringue should look shiny, glossy and stiff.
- Using a tablespoon, spoon the mixture onto non-stick baking tray to make little mounds.
- Place in the oven at 100oC for 1-1 ½ hours until crisp on the outside. Leave to cool.
- When the meringues are completely cool carefully peel off the parchment paper. Whip the cream until it holds its shape.
- Sandwich the meringues together with the whipped cream & strawberries.