Cook with Stanley - Hot Chocolate Pudding
This is a foolproof recipe and should banish people’s fears making hot puddings! This hot chocolate baked pudding is a chocolate lovers dream and is delicious served with ice cream. It’s good for serving a crowd too and can be made in advance.
Hot Chocolate Pudding
- 100g/4 oz semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 100g/4oz butter cut into sections
- 2 ½ oz.60ml double cream
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 50g/2oz all purpose flour
- 50g/2oz sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Grease eight ramekins. Dust with sugar
- In a heavy saucepan, combine chocolate, butter and cream; heat over low heat, stirring occasionally, until the butter and chocolate melt and mixture is smooth. Remove from the heat. Add vanilla with a wire whisk and stir in flour until mixture is smooth.
- In a medium bowl with mixer at high speed, beat sugar, eggs and yolks until thick and lemon in coloured – about 10 minutes. Fold the egg mixture into the chocolate, one third at a time until fully blended. Divide batter evenly among prepared ramekins. Bake in the oven until edge of cake is set but centre still jiggles. 8-9 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 3 minutes.
- Serve with ice cream and fresh raspberries or strawberries.