Cook with Stanley - Bruschetta with Tomatoes, Mushrooms and Goats Cheese
Cook it for lunch of dinner. Also makes a delicious hot breakfast, made even better with the addition of some home-made chutney served on the side.
Bruschetta with Tomatoes, Mushrooms and Goats Cheese
- 4 thickly cut slices of vienna loaf
- 4 slices goat’s cheese
- ½ lb/225g tomatoes
- ½ lb/225g mushrooms Butter for frying
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Turn grill on to full power. Toast the bread on both sides until crisp and golden.
- Slice mushrooms, quarter tomatoes.
- Melt butter in frying pan until sizzling.
- Add mushrooms and tomatoes. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and fry for 4–5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place mushroom and tomato mixture on each slice of bread and top with goat’s cheese.
- Place under grill until goat’s cheese begins to melt and serve.