Cook with Stanley - Beetroot risotto with boilie cheese
Beetroot gives this dish a wonderfully vibrant colour.The flavour of the boilie cheese is a perfect contrast to the sweetness of the beetroot. Boilie cheese is a soft handmade cows milk cheese preserved in sunflower oil, flavoured with fresh garden herbs.
Beetroot risotto with boilie cheese
- 1oz/25g butter
- 1onion peeled and finely chopped
- 1garlic clove, peeled and sliced
- 8oz/225g Arborio rice
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pints/750ml vegetable stock
- 2-3 cooked baby beetroot
- 4 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Extra parmesan cheese to serve
- 8 balls boilie cheese
- Melt the butter in a heavy-based saucepan. Add the onion and garlic and cook until the onion is beginning to soften.
- Add the rice, salt and pepper and cook stirring for about 2 minutes.
- Add just enough stock to cover the rice and continue cooking, stirring all of the time until most of the stock has been absorbed. Continue adding the stock in this way until it is completely absorbed and the rice is tender.
- Liquidise the beetroot with some salt and black pepper, stir beetroot into the rice. Heat through for 1-2 minutes, remove from the heat and stir in the parmesan.
- Adjust the seasoning and serve immediately, with 2 balls of Boilie cheese on each portion.