Useful tips for Stanley stoves and range cookers
Top Tips Stoves
installing your new stove, make sure your chimney is inspected and
any cleaning/repair work is carried out.
- We recommend a matt black or enamelled Stanley flue pipe
for use as a connecting pipe with all Stanley stoves.
- If you're thinking of burning turf or wood - make sure it's
fully dried out for maximum heat.
- Ensure you get the highest level of performance from your
Stanley by having it serviced every 12 months.
- Observe clearance to combustible materials. For further
information please consult the installation manual
Top Tips Cookers
- Make sure
you use an approved installer.
- An adequate supply of air is necessary for proper
- Always refer to the guideline plumbing diagrams in the
- A suitable approved and remote acting fire valve must be
fitted. (oil appliance only)
- Oil filter and shut off valve must be fitted near the supply
tank. (oil appliance only)
- Your range flue should not be connected to a flue serving
- The flue should be lined using approved and suitable flexi or
ridged flue liner.
- Make sure you get the highest level of performance from your
Stanley by having it serviced every 12 months by an authorised
- A solid fuel chimney should be cleaned every 6 to 12 months and
cookers need to be professionally cleaned regularly.
- If you intend burning turf or wood, make sure it's fully dried
out for maximum heat.
- Only use recommended fuels.
The following solid fuel types are presented in order of
highest fuel efficiency and calorific value:
- 1st: Coal or Anthracite
- 2nd: Seasoned Hard Wood
- 3rd: Dry Turf or Briquettes
- 4th: Soft Woods
- NB = Non-Boiler
- HPB = High Performance Boiler
- DHW = Domestic Hot Water
- Conventional flue = A standard chimney
- Balanced flue = For rooms that do not have a conventional
chimney, but have an external wall.
Stanley is a Registered Trademark of Waterford Stanley Limited. Registered in Ireland under Registered Number 84827.
Unit 401- 403, Waterford Industrial Estate, Cork Road Waterford, Ireland © Copyright - Waterford Stanley Ltd 2012 - All rights reserved.